25th of March, 2001
- Whoops, a small error introduced itself in the 16bpp fade routine. This has been corrected.
- Added a programming section. I'll be post some code snipets and tutorials there. Check out my 16bpp fast fading and bluring routines!
- Sorry for the lack of updates - it's crunch time now and I barely get to do any programming (of useful things anyway). I haven't
been idle all this time either. I'm mainly working on Zasx. 2 Player support is almost complete. I just need to have the
input configuration done, and remake the ship graphics.
- Minor changes to the site.
- Argh! This assignment is killing me!
- Zasx v1.12 is released! Changes include:
Grab it at the download page!
- Major bug fixes.
- Using PPCol now, so collision detection works
- Added a weapon system, so now I can have more than one weapon
- Added a player system. 2 player mode is not implemented, but should be trivial now.
- * Sped up slightly the display code.
- I know, I know. I'm getting lazy with updates :-) Well anyhow, here's a brief summary of what happened recently:
* I updated 2xSaI with mainly bug fixes and a working 32bpp code.
* I worked a bit on Zasx. Two player mode and extra weapons should be trivial to add now.
* Made a few modifications to AllegroGL, and released the 0.0.10 version!
(yay! I'm an admin now!)
- Stuff left to do this week end: Merge AGLF with AGL,
and hack the FONT structure so that regular Allegro calls work. I also need to add the color depth setting code to AGL.
- Oh yes, new page format. Now the main site should be accessible on directory level up, at
http://pages.infinit.net/voidstar/. I will do all news update there. Only release info, and perhaps pertinant things will be posted on
each site. This will at least cut down on the amount of junk HTML I have to bare with :-P
Also, I merged the download sections into one.
- I'm thinking about adding a few tutorials/articles to the web page. Damn I wish My ISP would
let us have more than 5 MB of space for our personal page. It's getting tight here at 3.1 MB
- Well anyway, I got this *huge* ICE assignment. I must reverse-engineer a circuit
board that takes up a whole fsck'n page! Well that's life I guess. Hum, I think I should be changing the date - we're the 3rd, since
7 minutes ago. Nah, too much effort.
- I've been making modifications to Kreed's 2xSaI.
It's now more portable, works on more color depths, and works with the Allegro WIPs.
You can grab it over here
- Created the page for Zasx.
- Moved most of the content form this page to the news archive
- Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been participating in the SpeedHack 2001
competition, so that took most of my free time (well actually, it took all of it :)
My entry is available here: Binary
I'll be creating a seperate page for Zasx soon.
- Ugh. I keep forgetting how heavy the school workload is! Well anyway, I managed to find a bit of free time to
work on SR3D. I've documented the
files modules. Still need to write the
function docs for Mesh, Particle, Main, Sprite, Terrain and Texture. I'll try and finish this the comming week-end
- Improved the triangle-in-box test, It's not entirely accurate, but it's much better than before, and only costs
6 multiplications, 6 divisions, and 12 additions more per test.
- Don't worry folks, I've kept myself busy these days: Added octree spacial subdivision to SunRise.
However, memory usage balooned up 6MB for the ground alone! If I can't reduce the memory (by a factor of 10), then
I'll have to dump Octrees in favor of something else - maybe Kd-Trees.
- On top of that, I don't test for triangle-triangle intersection. That means that a triangle bigger than the cube
can be skipped while it shouldn't.
- And I don't cull the octree yet :)
- Hum...My Octree is based on the AABB, so nodes aren't necessarily cubes. I wonder how this would affect the algorithm.
Maybe I really should go with Kd-Trees instead. Argh!
- Happy New Year everybody!